Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson 3640 out of colour inks how to I change it to black…

Customer Question
Epson 3640 out of...

Epson 3640 out of colour inks how to I change it to black only?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Epson 3640

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

I am getting a messageYou need to replace the following ink cartridge (s).. There is lots of black ink. Yes I can open the lid.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how and if I can change the print to black ink only.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/23/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

It was last Thursday. I only use the PC computer for work and the printer is attached to it. I am contacting you from my IMAC.
No I cannot do that. All I want to do is to change the ink setting on the printer.
I wasn't able to do it.
I will take the printer in to be serviced. They told me $5 was the charge if you were able to help me.
Thank you but I must go now.