Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I bought a new HP Printer a couple of months and just now…

I bought a new...

I bought a new HP Printer a couple of months and just now needed to replace two ink cartridges. I had no trouble getting the old ones out and putting the new ones in. However, since doing so I am getting a message on the small printer screen that says "Depleted cartridges must be replaced to resume printing". Well I did replace them and now I can't print anything. I am sure this is a simple fix, but I sure don't know it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

HP Office Jet Pro 8715

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

I am able to open the lid, actually it opens from the front.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The small screen on the printer also has an icon on the lower left of the screen that looks like a movie camera and on the lower right it says Hide.

11/23/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Richard, Technician
I did so and it still says, "Depleted cartridges must be replaced to resume printing". So it didn't work.

Thank you

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

I don't see any program that has been downloaded.

When you click the link a program will start downloading, look at the bottom of your page or also in your downloads folder

The ID on Team Viewer is###-##-####and the Password ***** *****