Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It is not connecting to the WIFI. L365. PC running windows.

Customer Question
It is not connecting...

It is not connecting to the WIFI

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

L365

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC running windows. How will I check the version of windows?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We have moved from Gauteng to the Eastern Cape and have set up new home office with new WIFI provider.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not for now thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/23/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the error you get when you try to connect the L365 to the wifi network?

Please let me know

There is a flashing red light above the WIFI which I know should be green.

Ok, you need to go through the installation process for the printer like when you first received it, to connect it to the new wifi network.

Have you done this yet?

Please let me know

Hi Richard, I would prefer to try and resolve it without your connection directly to my equipment. It worked well enough wwhen we first installed it.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

I have powered up the printer. The wifi is operational. I have held the Wi-Fi button in for a period but the red light does not change it just remains flicking.

ok, it seems you missed my message to you, no problem I will repeat it below

you need to go through the installation process for the printer like when you first received it, to connect it to the new wifi network.

Have you done this yet?

Please let me know

I have gone through the set up process and the light is now flashing red and green alternatively

During the setup process, did you choose to connect the printer to the wifi network?

Please let me know

I will reinstall the software and try again. It appears that changing a router requires the software to be reinstalled.

yes, as the printer needs to connect to the new wireless network and the computer needs to be updated with this.

This is why I am advising you run the installation again.

Let me know how you go please.