Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My Epson printer (model WF-2530 ) needed new ink cartridges

which I purchased at Big...
My Epson printer (model WF-2530 ) needed new ink cartridges which I purchased at Big W today. After installing all four the printer indicated that C which I presume was cyan was not recognised so I returned it to Big W who would not replace it as it had been opened so I bought a second one . After installing the second the same message came up. The ink cartridge was not recognised. I am reluctant to buy yet another one as I feel the same result will occur.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 4 years . It is WF-2530 . Serial number QK8Y020179
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Ipad
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: When I attempted to print it indicated I needed to replace the ink toner
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
11/23/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I did as requested. Removed from power for 10 minutes. Still telling me that new cartridge not recognised

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Unfortunately that did not work

Thanks

It is the printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician

Can you provide me your phone number and I can call you as you requested

Richard, Technician