Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have put ink in when it said 10/28/17, seemed I printed…

Customer Question
I have put ink...

I have put ink in when it said 10/28/17, seemed I printed very little and it said it needed ink again I put it in 11/14/17, printed little and now it says it needs ink again!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Sorry I have it written somewhere because they don't provide a manual. I will get back to you.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Dell computer, & Apple ipad. My printer I know is a MX490, I have had it about a year and a half.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has been an issue the last two times I put in in it and it just stopped, the stop light came on and won't go off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/23/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

I guess I must get a new one! Probably won't be a Canon!

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.