Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't get my printer to come online. HPMFPN277dw. 2 weeks…

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my printer to come online

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HPMFPN277dw

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

2 weeks or more

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Who knows

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so...thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2017
Technician: SorenX, Technician replied 5 months ago
SorenX
SorenX, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

What happens exactly when you try print?

Whirring noise and then nothing.
Tried my troubleshooter and no help there.

I see. That sounds like it may actually be a hardware problem with the printer then.

Do you get any kind of error on the computer when you try to print?

No

Okay, when was the last time you were able to print successfully? Did you make any configuration changes since then?

Every thing worked til we had to update our router.

Oh, I see.

Is your printer a wireless printer?

Sorry I'm slow to respondpop ups keep getting in the way of your answers

Okay, gotcha.

Most likely what happened is when you updated the router, the printer lost the connection with the network.

What you'll probably need to do is reinstall the printer. Do you know how to do that?

I thought I did but maybe I didn't do that correctly

Okay, give me about five minutes and I'll get some instructions for you.

Thanks I tried to pay to have you remote in but the update info that was sent doesn't allow me to enter the expiration date for my card.

Hmm, I see something saying the payment failed on my end. I'm not sure why it wouldn't let you enter the info.

Can I try again? without losing you?

Sure, if you want to, go ahead and try one more time. I know sometimes when people get that error they have to use a different card.

It still doesn't provide fields to fill except for the card number. Go ahead and send me the instructions to re-install. Thanks

Okay, to reinstall your printer, the first thing you'll want to do is take out the existing printer driver software.

To do this, follow these instructions:

1. Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard (two keys to the left of the spacebar, with the Windows symbol) and press the R key. This should bring up your Run box in the lower left corner.

2. In the Run box, type in APPWIZ.CPL and press OK to bring up a list of all installed programs.

3. Find the HP driver software in the list and double-click to uninstall.

Once you've uninstalled the software, go to the following link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-color-laserjet-pro-mfp-m277-series/7089945/model/7089949

Download the HP LaserJet Pro M277 Printer series Full Software and PCL 6 Driver package and then run it. Follow the on-screen instructions and it should reinstall the printer from scratch.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

NOTE: Please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.

SorenX
SorenX
SorenX, Technician