Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just purchased a new printer (my third HP in several

I just purchased a...

I just purchased a new printer (my third HP in several years) and am having a great deal of difficulty hooking it up to my PC. It seems that he Fax, scan and copy functions are all right but I cannot print any documents from my PC.

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Oh sorry - Officejet Pro 8720

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC with WIndows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I jut purchased the new printer a couple of days ago and have been trying to hook it up since - I have tried al of the online troubleshooting, but it keeps telling me the printer has not been turned on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

NO - just this. I have never had an problems hooking up other new printers and other peripherals in the past.

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2017
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Wireless is what I am attempting to use

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ab73979e-3845-4879-8202-9426e101ff11
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.