Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Can't find how to fix a 1603 return error, 5740 Officejet…

Customer Question
Can't find how to...

Can't find how to fix a 1603 return error

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

5740 Officejet about 4 - 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Electrical outage for 5 days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just need to print

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/23/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 7 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,