Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I recently lost my Verizon connection to the internet (not…

Customer Question
I recently lost my...

I recently lost my Verizon connection to the internet (not certain if it is a modem problem) so I purchased a Verizon HotSpot device. Now I cannot print to my TS6000 printer, as it just sits in the queue!

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

2 months old and it is a TS6020

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 10 and Dell PC laptop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The intermittent internet connection

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, other than never pet a burning dog...

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/22/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 9 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

Have you already connected the printer to the wireless Hotspot?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Nooooo, not certain how to accomplish that...

In that case, you will have to do that first.

Please, follow the instructions on the following page. When you get to step 7, choose the WPS (Push button method) option. Once you do that, press and hold the WPS/Wireless button on your hotspot for 5 seconds.

Instructions: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART167453

Once all of that is done, please, update me on the status of the problem. Once that is complete, I will give you the next set of instructions to follow.

After that is connected, follow the instructions below, please:
- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- In the box that comes up, type: controL printers
- Click the Ok button.
- Click the Add Printer button on the top of that page, choose your printer from the list.

- Click Next > Next > Finish.

Once that is complete, you will be all set and good to go.

Please, do not forget to rate my help, if we are all done.

It keeps sending me to an 'app' page, and I don't know which 'app' to use; also it keeps saying the download is for a TS5000 series and I have a TS6000 series

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.