Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I HAVE AN ERROR CODE 0x97 on my Epson WF-7620. It appeared…

Customer Question
I HAVE AN ERROR...

I HAVE AN ERROR CODE 0x97 on my Epson WF-7620

Technician's Assistant: Is your WF-7620 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

It appeared as I attempted to fax a document

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never have

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Will you be updating now because the printer is not attached to this computer

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/22/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still no change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Luckily, this is a newer model, so depending on purchase date you may still be under the epson 1 year warranty (if registered when new, they usually extend it to 2), and can file a warranty claim to have them repair it. Beyond the warranty, it would cost more to fix than to replace.

Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim at that point if needed.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.