Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson XP-410 but now the paper loader is not

Customer Question
working. I can see that...
I have an Epson XP-410 but now the paper loader is not working. I can see that it is trying to load the paper but then it hangs and says paper out. Help!
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/22/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me whether are you getting any error message on the printer?

Paper out

In this case we can try this following steps

Press the Stop/Reset button to cancel the jobWith the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.Wait 2 minutesPlug the power cord back in and power it on
Do you still have the issue?
still have the issue. It says "paper out, load paper".

Do you have any Air blower or can of compressed air? The reason why I am asking is we can remove the paper from the tray and use the compressed air to spray into where the paper feeds into the printer to blow out any pieces of paper or anything that could be blocking the sensor.

No

If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:

• If paper does not feed for printing, remove it. Then reload it in the sheet feeder against the right side and beneath the tab. Slide the edge guide against the edge of the paper, making sure that the paper stack is not above the arrow mark on the edge guide.
  • If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
  • If paper jams when you load only one or two sheets, try loading more sheets at a time. Do not load more than the recommended number of sheets.
  • If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
  • For best results, follow these guidelines:
    • Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
    • Load paper in the sheet feeder printable side up.

You can also visit this site if there is any paper jam occurred in the printer, Some time paper jam will not allow to feed the paper. Please click the link below: http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/xp410_/xp410_ug/Source/Troubleshooting/Reference/XP400/problem_paper_jam_xp400.html