Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I change the paper and copy settings for paper type…

Customer Question
How do I change...

How do I change the paper and copy settings for paper type and go to plain paper instead of photo paper. When I go to that location to make the change I get the message "this operation is invalid".

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson WF-2540 about 4-5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A few days ago. can't think of anything strange that happened

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/22/2017
Technician: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Greetings!...My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today! One moment while I review the notes and we'll go from there. Thanks!

You'll want to change that in the setting of the printer. It's about 8 or 9 steps. Would you like me to walk you through this or do this remotely and show you how to change it in case you have to do it again in the future?