Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have an HP Officejet Pro x576dw MFP. It will not turn on

at all and when I...
I have an HP Officejet Pro x576dw MFP. It will not turn on at all and when I press the power button it just blinks orange while pressed and does nothing
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: Wirelessly from my ASUS All in One monitor
JA: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?
Customer: Since last night just before I left the office
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Last Friday I believe
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all the info I have at the moment
11/22/2017
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or logic board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2013 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising as this machine was designed and built for a maximum 5 year service life.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point it is time for a new printer. While it can be fixed, it is not practical to do so. You'd be in the $250 range to have the internal power supply replaced, and a logic board would run you $350. For the same price range you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with a fresh warranty, which usually makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Nathan, Engineer
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thanks I will try that reset procedure. I have already ordered a newer model and will be picking it up next Monday, I was seriously hoping to keep this one as a secondary. Thanks for your help.

You're very welcome, and best of luck to you!

Nathan, Engineer