Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

John, HP3830 Purchased it 11/15/17. The printer takes almost…

Customer Question
HP3830 Purchased it...

HP3830 Purchased it 11/15/17 . The printer takes almost 2-3 minutes to print a document from my email or from the internet. When I hit the print symbol on the computer and send the info to the printer, that's when I experience the delay

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Computer is Dell Inspiron 15, (purchased 04/17), operating system is Windows 10, I am new at this, so I may not A

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since I installed printer last week. Nothing popped up, just the delay! Name is*****: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, just want to have the printer not have the delay.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/22/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.

This now has been done.
What is the next step?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Connect you printer to your computer through a usb cable please.

USB Cable is connected
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Now please try to print a document and check if its delayed.

I attempted to transfer the document on the computer screen that wew are chatting, waited about 30 seconds for it to reach the printer, then waited another couple minutes, and it still had not started to print, then cancelled.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Alright, give me a couple of minutes.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-3830-all-in-one-printer-series/7172321/model/7172322

Click on this link and try to download the HP OfficeJet 3830 series Full Feature Software and Drivers

And let me know when that's done.

I am unable to download this info as you suggested, so let's just let this go and forget about the entire issue. I will just deal with the slowness. Thanks.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Am sorry those are the drivers for your printers.

Which is necessary to fix the problem.