Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer seems to have no electricity. I checked both ends…

Customer Question
My printer seems to...

My printer seems to have no electricity. I checked both ends of the cord and the outlet to make sure it does work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Workforce WF-3640 and about two years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac 10.13.1 (High Sierra)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was printing a number of things wirelessly and and it just suddenly stopped. When I checked on it there was no lights on it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/22/2017
Technician: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 10 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Please try following steps:-

1. Power OFF the printer.
2. Power OFF the router.
3. Power ON the printer.
4. The printer should now start up normally to the home screen.
5. From the control panel Reset the printer's network settings to default.
6. Power ON the router.
7. Reconnect the printer to the network by Selecting the Wireless Network Settings From the Control Panel.
8. Try not to connect to Google Cloud Services and to check www.epson.com/supportfor updates.

Let me know how it goes !!

The printer seems to have no power. Please do not charge my card. I gave this information already. I will contact Epson directly.

okay. Would you like me to cancel this question ?