Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It's my HP printer, not computer. It's been printing fine…

Customer Question
It's my HP printer...

It's my HP printer, not computer. It's been printing fine until today and now I get error message Oxc19a003 that printhead appears to be missing, not detected or incorrectly installed. I have followed the steps given online to check this but still get the error. Looks like I probably need a new part. I have an HP Officejet Pro 8610. I have a new computer with Windows 10 that seems to update almost daily. It updated yesterday so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Instructions on website only refer to Windows 7 & 8.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your hp? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The printer is several years old. The computer is less that six months old.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/22/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Thank you....

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.