Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an epson XP - 950 printer and have had a new hard…

I have an epson...

I have an epson XP - 950 printer and have had a new hard drive installed in my computer and can no longer get the scanner to work. It prints fine. can you steer me through setting up the scanner so it works on my Mac Pro.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its about 3 years old. It is an XP-950 Model C493A

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I am printing from a Mac laptop. I am on 11.0.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It happened when I purchased a new hard drive

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No...It prints perfectly

11/22/2017
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

please confirm the version of macos

you can click on apple menu and click on about this mac to check the version

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
macOS High Sierra Verson 10.13.1
macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.1
What time will she be able to contact me?
When will that be?

click on the below link to download anydesk

https://download.anydesk.com/anydesk.dmg?_ga=2.246245188.1942577741.1511241426-1731116381.1511241426

download and install

once its open you will see 2 sections..this desk and remote desk

let em know the address you see for this desk

please open anydesk after the computer restarts

------ 2 ------
Me: hi michelle this side
suethomas: hi
Me: i will start fixing the scanner problem now
Me: enter you password ***** mac
Me: please turn off printer
Me: let me know once done
suethomas: the printer is now off
Me: thanks
Me: please turn on printer now
Me: let me know once its on
suethomas: ok
suethomas: its now on
Me: ok
Me: did this problem start only after updating your macos
suethomas: Yes
Me: i have been checking simulatenously for this error and most of the users who upgraded to macos sierra have faced this probelm with their scanners irrespectiveof the make of the printer
Me: give me couple of mins here while i check for the possible solutions
suethomas: ok
Me: do you have any other printer or scanner by any chance
suethomas: No
suethomas: This is the only one i have used on this computer
Me: ok
Me: does the printer have touchscreen or buttons
suethomas: Yes
Me: have you tried to csan from the touchscreen by pressing scan option
Me: then selecting scan to computer
suethomas: Yes
Me: does it scan or gives same error on printer display
suethomas: Until now it gave an error sign but now it says Sues MPB
Me: ok select it and try to scan
suethomas: In the past I sent an email then pressed scan. Do you want me to put a docuement in the printer then press scan?
suethomas: docuement in the printer then press scan
Me: yes
Me: as per my observations, since its printing fine, problem seems less likeley to be wth the printer but with macos update installation
Me: we can try a reboot sequence first
suethomas: ok
Me: you need to restart 3 devices together...computer, printer and router. turn all of them off ..then turn on compouter first then router and then printer
Me: i shoud get reconnected
Me: in a rare case that i dont i will call you
suethomas: Does that mean I turn everything off for 1 minute then turn everything back on?
Me: yes you are correct
Me: shutdown

------ 2 ------
Me: almost back in business
Me: give me a minuteor 2 ,ore to get this sorted
Me: is this the document that you had placed on the scanner
suethomas: Yes
Me: ok iwill make sure its setup correctly to avoid problems in future
Me: then we will test again
suethomas: Phew
Me: please place a different document on teh scanner glass now
Me: let me know once done
suethomas: Done
Me: ok
Me: is this correct
Me: same page you placed on scanner
suethomas: Yes
Me: ok great
Me: all sorted
Me: do you see image capture icon on desktop
suethomas: No I dont think so
Me: now do you see
suethomas: Now I do
Me: open it
Me: click scan
Me: working
suethomas: Great it worked. will it still work remotely without the cable
Me: no because the scanner has a problem with wifi connectivity. however with gradual mac updates that happen automatically it get working on wifi. so may be afterfew updates you can try to add the printer on wifi again and scanner should be bale to communicate on wifi. if it doesnt then its a hardware issue with scanner assembly and getting it serviced may cost you more than the cost of a new printer
Me: i would suggest to use it on usb mode as its more relaible way of connection and rarely would run into problems
Me: let me know if you have any questions
suethomas: OK
suethomas: I think I may contact mac again?? Thanks for your help
Me: you are welcome. hope you are satisfied with my service and support
suethomas: i am
Me: may i now close and exit the remote session
suethomas: Yes
Me: thanks for using the service. Have a great evening