Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

This is the problem: the computer will not recognize the…

Customer Question
This is the problem...

This is the problem: the computer will not recognize the Canon Pixma IP 2702

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?

6 yrs

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 7 E Machine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just tonight... my husband wanted to use the Canon because it prints the legal size paper and my hp does not

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only 2 connections and I put them in the only places they could go... take it away!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/22/2017
Technician: Harold Hanna, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harold Hanna
Harold Hanna, Engineer

Hello how are you this evening? Does the printer turn on properly?

Has that printer ever worked properly on that machine?

I have a PC We have never set up this printer to my computer

Alright great. Let me find the appropriate drivers for the printer.

If you go to the computer properties, you should be able to see if the Windows 7 is 32 or 64 bit. Can you check this now, or do you have the model number of the emachine?

It may auto detect your machine. Try going to this link and tell me what it says for the Operating System --

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/ip-series/pixma-ip2702?tab=drivers_downloads

no thank you... bye bye return the five dollars... I am not satisfied

Alright the link provided will work. I have already provided it so you will get it for free. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Bye bye!