Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My canon mx926 keeps saying that top paper tray is empty…

My canon mx926 keeps...

My canon mx926 keeps saying that top paper tray is empty error1007

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Brand new and nearly every time i use it

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since new .

11/22/2017
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

is the paper inserted in upper or lower tray

lower tray . - i do not need paper in top tray
the top tray is only configured for photographic paper

the error 1007 comes up when printer tries to print from upper tray

this happens when paper settings are not correct

from the apple menu..go to preferences...print and scan

in the print window select the printer and click on option and supplies

let me know what is the paper type set to

does not show any paper type

does it show you paper settings where you can select plain paper, A3, A4 etc

however in supply levels there it says load paper
no

open any document for printing

when you click on print, the print window will open...there you can see the option for paper type

a4

in drop down list does it have an option for plain paper

i have found another system dialogue which says 4x6 paper size so depending on which print settings are activated perhaps that is the problem

yes. can you change it to a4 and then try to print

let me know how it goes

ok

thanks

still will not print
same fault 1007
top tray empty

how is printer connected to Mac..usb or wifi

I haven't got anymore time to spend on it
WIFI

from apple menu..preferences..print and scan..

click on the printer icon and click minus button to delete

then click on plus button to add it again

once added try printing

not working still 1007

how old is the printer?

brand new has been doing this since day 1 . about 3 weeks old

ok. in that case it seems to be an issue with the tray sensor

its not recognising paper

if you wish i can remote connect and check the printer settings once again though what you have told me seem to be the correct settings

i would suggest in this case to get a replacement of the printer as its brand new or get an inwarranty service scheduled

for replacement you may contact the store else for service here is the number you need to call in australia

13 13 83

let me know if you have any questions

thank you Michelle . I think I will take it back to the store.

yes that would be best

hope you are satisfied with my service and support

Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located on the upper right corner of this page.

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert