Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R290 and last night had a paper…

Customer Question
I have...

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R290 and last night had a paper jam. I got most of the paper out but one section of the paper has got scrunched up under the ink cartridge holder and is stuck on the RH side of the carriage - any tips on how to move the cartridge holder to the L so I can get the paper out

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

As I said above it is an EPSON STYLUS PHOTO R290 and I use Epson ink cartidges I don;t have any spares to give the full details on the cartridges - 81/82 are the numbers

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

An iMac10 II 6 - El Capitan

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The numbers refer to the version. First time for this jam

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Like what??

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/22/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

LAST NIGHT WAS THE FIRST TIME THIS JAM HAPPENED

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

I'm sorry I have an appt and have to leave
Do you mean hold in the power button while turning off the printer?

Yes, while the printer is off.

Do you want to resume this when you return? It's no issue If you do..

please - any easy way to get straight back to you though?

Just save this page too your bookmarks