Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have bought a new computer ( Lenova V110-151SK) and it…

I have bought a...

I have bought a new computer ( Lenova V110-151SK) and it does not recognise my HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-one. Consequently I cannot scan and store the scan.

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-One. 5-7 Yrs??

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Lenova V110-151SK Laptop Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It is a new computer and it does not recognise or install the printer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to be able to scan and store scans

11/22/2017
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

USB

In that case, you will only need to install the software for the printer, which can be downloaded on the following page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-photosmart-c5200-all-in-one-printer-series/3204462/model/3204463

On the aforementioned page, download the software and install it. Once that is complete, you will be all set.

I look forward to your rating of my help on the top of this page. You can rate by clicking the stars and clicking submit.

Jason Jones, Technician

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 87
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)