Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an sx420w printer it will not pick up the paper when…

Customer Question
I have an sx420w...

I have an sx420w printer it will not pick up the paper when i try to print,i have tried more and less paper ,separating the sheets and rebundling them.do you have any ideas please before i dump it in the river or throw it out of the window

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is an epson sx420w and is about 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I am using a tower computor with windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has been happening on and off for a couple of months on occasions but removing the paper and putting it back in normally fixes it but i cant get it working at all now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/21/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

on occasion for the last month but today it just ont pickup,ive changed the paper and it goes through the motions but no luck

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

ok done that

OK great. Has this helped?

no still wont pickup
i have just checked my paypal account and see you have charged me €23 although the original message stated $5 and you still have nt replied to me please refund my money i will be better off taking the printer into epson in malaga

The service is not 5.00 and you have been charged more than that.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team and once you're happy, let me know and we can continue.
Regards
Kris