Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I need to know how to set my printer 3830 wireless so that I…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how to set my printer 3830 wireless so that I can receive ink when needed?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer?

HP 3830

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

HP 8.1 Pavilion Notebook PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I did not sset it when I connected it up so Ihave never used this. I bought this wireless last year but do not use it very much

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/21/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that what you are referencing or asking about, is HP's Instant Ink service.

Now, if you use very little ink, it may not be very necessary - but if you want to use Instant Ink, go to this page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-instant-ink-series/5264756/model/5401249/document/c03767639

which is for Enrolling in HP Instant Ink. You 'enroll' your printer with this service after creating an account. That way, the printer sends a signal to HP when ink usage reaches a certain level of nearly-out, and ink will be sent you to replace that with, to arrive hopefully in time for it being needed.

You may not be able to - *if* our printer is not a model that can be enrolled in HP Instant Ink.

Note that you may be able to 'get 2 months free' by entering this key or promo code:

SAVE50PERCENT

when enrolling.

After that's done, to check on your HP Instant Ink account status at any time, follow directions on this page to sign in to your Instant Ink account and check status items:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-instant-ink-series/5264756/model/5401249/document/c03767640

- Let me know, if this answers your question in full, or Reply To Expert if you need further instructions or help or advice, at any point of the process.