Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It keeps saying printer offline. Epson workforce wf 3620.

Customer Question
It keeps saying printer...

It keeps saying printer offline

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Epson workforce wf 3620

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc, windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Its been an issue for about 3 months.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
11/21/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the Epson configured as a wireless / WiFi printer? or is it on a USB cable connection directly to one PC computer ?
How do you cure the 'printer offline' message, when it occurs? (This may indicate just where the problem is.)

Once I have figured out where in the printing system the problem is, I will advise you, or fix the problem.

it is a wifi printer. I don't cure the print offline message. I don't know how/

So has the printer been offline for 3 months, then? or has it sometimes worked?

i hadn't used it in a while, and when i tried to use it, it would say printer is offline. The last time this occurred. I went to control panel, printers and devices, chose the printer and then it gave me a pop up where i could put the printer on line

That's interesting. When you put the printer online that way, did it start working again?

How long is it, since it last was working, and does that method (find in View Devices And Printer, the popup to put Online again, or to Use Printer Online, after right-clicking on the printer icon perhaps...?) ..work now?

it worked that one time and then i was never able to get that pop up again. Maybe it is the driver? I have uninstalled and re-installed the printer three times. It does not give me an option to chose the EPSON WF_3620, only the 3520

That's interesting. Now I think I know how to proceed, to get this cured.

But first, a question of what you would prefer:

If you wish I can try remotely connecting to your computer - with your approval only - and see to getting a way worked out through this problem, for a small additional fee.

If you would rather not, then I can also instruct you toward a solution, somewhat more slowly.

Let me know which approach you would prefer, and I will help you as needed.

isntuct toward a solution more slowly
it states A product selected in the driver is different from a product to print. Check the driver settings and the product.
hello are you still here?

OK, let's go about it this way:

-1: Make quite sure you know the model # of your printer. Look on the back side for the manufacturer's label, where the real model # will be listed. This may be necessary, just to make sure, this once, that the model # you think it is, would in fact be the model # that the printer actually has.

- 2: Then, let me know, and also check in

- 3: START - Control Panel - System and Security - System

and tell me A. what Windows is listed there, in very large print at upper right, and B. what System Type (32-bit, or 64-bit) is listed in that window also in rather smaller type.

ok

Let me know, and I will instruct you further.

windows 10, 64 bit

Good. What does the manufacturer's label on the printer say the model # of the printer is, please?

c481d wf 3620
it says EPSON WF-3620, model # C481D

Good. We're sure that is the model #. One last question, then I'll give you a procedure to follow:

- Do you have, or use, or print to, any other printer around, esp. any other Epson printer? or is this the only Epson printer currently present around your computer or used by your computer?

no

Good. I am preparing your instructions now...

First, disconnect the printer, turn it off and unplug it from the power. Leave it that way throughout the following, until you are instructed to connect it up again by the installation software routine (or, at least, by that routine having completely ended and finished and exited etc.)

So: turn off and unplug your printer.

Go to your computer, to the Start button, then to Control Panel, and remove all entries for your printer and its series in View Devices And Printers, by clicking on each icon (or entry) and deleting. (In this case, if there are any scanners shown, or any other Epson devices, select and then delete those, also. Clear the decks of *any* formerly used printers from your system, if they have the Epson name on their icon - otherwise, don't remove the icons without the Epson name.)

Then go to Control Panel, Programs And Features, and use Uninstall (or Change) to get rid of all Epson programs for your printer, that are free-of-charge programs you did not have to pay to buy individually (i.e. restorable programs that cost you nothing to restore to the computer.)

Then, reboot your computer: shut it down and start it up again.

Then, go to
https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-WF-3620/s/SPT_C11CD19201?review-filter=Windows+10+64-bit
and click once on the blue DOWNLOAD flag next to 'Drivers and Utilities Combo Package',

and follow the download process, getting the drivers onto your disk, and completing the download and then starting the driver installation program and following through the process.

- after doing this, please Reply back to me as to what happened... and I will advise you further, if you have any difficulty.

if i shut the computer down, will i be able to reconnect to you?
i mean, how will i be able to contact you?

You will be able to resume this conversation by going to this page (devoted to your question) at any time:

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/atj12-keeps-saying-printer-offline-epson-workforce-wf-3620.html

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech