Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just bought and set up a Canon TR8520 printer. How do I…

Customer Question
I just bought and...

I just bought and set up a Canon TR8520 printer. How do I scan a document and save it to a file on my computer?

Technician's Assistant: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Canon TR8520 and it is brand new I just bought it.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

My computer is a PC using Windows

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just installed the printer and am trying to scan a document and send it to a file in my computer. I don't know how to do it and have tried several times with no luck

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just please help me

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/21/2017
Technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 10 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

First you need to install the IJ Scan Utility and install

Download from link below

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwODc4MTAy&cmp=Z01&lang=EN

• Place items on platen or ADF
  • From Start menu, select All apps > Canon Utilities > IJ Scan Utility.
  • Click Auto.