Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I need a desktop shortcut for my new Envy 7855 printer. I…

Customer Question
I need a desktop...

I need a desktop shortcut for my new Envy 7855 printer

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

I just bought Sunday a new Envy Photo 7855

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

When I installed the drive it never gave me a desktop shortcut to the HP Smart manager

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/21/2017
Technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

The simplest way to create a desktop shortcut for your favorite program is to right-click on its .exe file and select Send To > Desktop (Create shortcut). You will see that its shortcut has been created on your Windows desktop.

So just search for HP Smart manager on your C drive and follow the steps above.

It comes up with the Smart for my old printer Photosmart 7520, not my new 7855

Please uninstall the old version from your control panel first.

Also did you install the new printer from a CD or did you download the drivers?

I downloaded

Did you download the basic driver or full software?

Let me get the correct download link for you - please hold on

Did you install the software yet?

OKAY! I think I got it all downloaded

Ok great!

Please install and let me know if you see the correct shortcuts?