Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The set up won't accept my Canadian Postal code so can't…

Customer Question
The set up won't...

The set up won't accept my Canadian Postal code so can't finish the set up.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

HP Office jet Pro 6978. First all in one printer didn't work so this is a replacement. I assumed that I have to redownload as it is a different unit

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Today.. installing new unit. Before this popped up.. I had entered information on whether it was a home business etc

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I had problems setting up the first unit in April 2017 as well and I ended up having to talk to someone. what is the best number to use for CnadIAN support ?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/21/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Are you using the CD that came along with the printer?

This a brand new unit so why do I have to pay ? Id there a Tech support line for HP for Canada ?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! Before we get started, it looks like you may be trying to reach HP
JustAnswer is a question and answer site and not affiliated with them.
I am a certified technician and if you'd like to continue on JustAnswer, I will try my best to help you with your question.
Otherwise, if you came here by mistake, let me know and the Customer Care team will reach out to you.

I just gave my MasterCard and it said that I WOULD NOT BE BILLED
LOOKS LIKE I GOT REROUTED THEN...WHAT NUMBER DO I USE NOW FOR hp SUPPORT ?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/contact-hp

Use the above link to reach HP support.

Thank you.