Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a l2700 dw no display on screen and fax-scan-copy…

I have a l2700...

I have a l2700 dw no display on screen and fax-scan-copy button lights on machine is frozen

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Brother MFC L2700 dw maybe 18 months 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc windows 10. I disconnected the printer from the computer, unplugged the printer and plugged it back in still same. I unplugged it again last night and plugged it in this morning still same problem

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since yesterday afternoon moved computer and printer to another room. after reconnecting problem was present

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you unplug the power cable then hold hold the power button and with it held, then connect the power cable and tell me if it then begins functioning please.

no change still same condition

Remove the ink from the printer and power it off, the power it back on with no ink

Any change then?

no ink toner

You mean you already removed the ink from it?

removed toner cart, powered on same issue. powered off re-inserted toner cart powered on same problem
no ink it's a laser printer

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

yes, the Toner is the ink, laser printers use toner for ink to put onto the paper.

how much am I charged for this chat and is it a subscription or a one time fee?

I cannot see the costs from here, but it is the question amount you saw when you created the question, it is only a one time fee.

ok thanks

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hi there,

I see you did not rate me service at all which means I am not creited with the service I provided.

Was there a reason for this?

Please let me know

Richard, Technician