Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When I print multiple copies of a document with my i865

Customer Question
When I print multiple...

When I print multiple copies of a document with my i865 printer it varies the top margin from copy to copy, typically from 10 to 20 mm. It has only recently started doing this. Can you suggest a cause or a cure, please?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its a Canon i865, probably 5 to 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC, Windows 10. I think I was using Windows XP when I bought and installed the printer.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A couple of weeks. Cannot think of anything unusual happening just before the problem started.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/21/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

This question was asked and answered in the original query. The problem started about three weeks ago, but the printer hasn't been used much since then until a couple of days ago.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Nothing happened (as I would expect with no power to the printer).

Did you connect back up and try?

When I released the power button after 30 sec the green and orange lights began flashing alternately
Actually it's one flash green followed by 8 flashes orange. It's been doing this for over 5 minutes.

Can you try it now please?