Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

After a major crash on my new MacBookPro, I now wish to use…

Customer Question
Good afternoon. After a...

Good afternoon. After a major crash on my new MacBookPro, I now wish to use my printer and it will only print duplex, which I do not want. On the touch screen, I cannot see the word "Print".

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Oops, my apologies. Brother MFCL27400W

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Again, oops. MacBook Pro, only a couple of months old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I had a major crash last week during the necessary updates. I have had to reinstall everything, and today wish to print a few pages, single sided only.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/21/2017
Technician: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

First sorry that you had to go through all that with the mac crashing. That is never easy but now I hope I can get your duplex issue resolved so you can get back to using your mac. Changing the duplex setting can be in different spots depending on the printer and the MacOS version you are currently running si therefore I can remote into your mac and take a look if you would like. Let me know.

Did you still need help? Please let me know at your earliest convenience . It would be easiest if I can remote in to your mac and show you how to turn this duplex printing off. Plus, it can be it a couple different areas. Let me know. Thanks.