Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a new envy4520 printer and a Mac with operating

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a new envy4520 printer and a Mac with operating system OS High Sierra version 10.13.1 and I am unable to download the soft ware to run this

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a brand new printer I bought last week HP ENVY 4523 print scan copy photo

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I think it said my wifi failed and I tried it several times. why would my wifi fail?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

This is while I am attempting to download the soft ware. it looked like it was half way through the download.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/21/2017
Technician: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you today.

Click here to download Hp Envy 4520 Mac vesion 10.13.

Thank you.
is it possible to talk me through it please?

download the file first and as you unzip the file you will see a .dmg install file click on it to install the driver and you can follow the onscreen process to complete the installation.

thank you.I would like to try that.

My priority is 100% customer satisfaction, if you are unable to follow any given steps please don't worry, click on View response/reply button and post me a reply i will continue in assisting you further.

I did this twice yesterday and I have just done it twice again. it is the Essential software. it gets to approx 95mg then a window pops up and says cannot install software check network connection and try again. which I have done 4 times. what else can I do please. i'm pretty sure my network is still connected to my wifi. thank you
just wondering if you are still there Moses?
did you receive my last message?

Iam opening this question to other experts to continue further.

you will receive a reply as soon as an expert picks it from here.

Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First, connect the printer to your WiFi network. Please follow the steps below;

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.
  2. On the printer control panel, select the Wireless icon .
    The Wireless Summary screen appears.
  3. Select Settings, and then select Wireless Setup Wizard. (Tap Wireless Settings if you see that)
  4. Follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Then on your Mac, goto download and install this driver --> https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US

Then go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners. You will see your printer name there. Select it and delete it by pressing the minus button at bottom left. After deleting it, click + button.

Don't add it if it appear under Nearby Printers. Instead click Add Printer. From the resulting screen, select your printer name and wait 10 seconds. Then select HP software under Use if Secure Air Print or Air Print is selected. That will add it to your Mac with WiFi address.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.