Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Attempted to chasnge ink cartridge on Epson WF3620.. When…

Customer Question
Attempted to chasnge ink...

Attempted to chasnge ink cartridge on Epson WF3620. . When opened to access the cartridges the cartridge carriage attempted to move to left but acted as though jammed. Message appeared turn power off, thgen back on. I did, and error message popped up to contact you,error code Ox

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

F1 Error code OxF1

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Bought printer from local computer store aboutr a year o a little less ago, WF-3620

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

First time. I had changed the yellow cartridge, it ran 1 page of an uncompleted print job. When I removed the printed page, it had not been fully released, but it slipped out when I tugged on it. But there was a message the C color cartridge was low, and to change it out. So this happened when I went to remove the spent cartridge.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what else you might need to know.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/21/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unplug the power cord

Use your hand to manually move the carriage over and replace the ink then close the lid

Now plug it back in and power on

Do you still have the error?

I still have the error. After I did as you instructed, when I switched the power back on it made a ratling clicking sound and the error message reappeared.
No, I am not satisfied at this point, I don't believe the problem can be corrected remotely. I do not wish to use your service. I feel like I am wasting my money. I will contact the people at the local computer store who sold me this printer. It is a full-service store and are qualified to repair printers.
I contacted Epson because that is what I was instructed to do by the error message. Please refund the money you collected from my Visa card.