Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Error code 6001. Canon MG7700. PC. Just since last night I'm

Customer Question
error code 6001 JA: Just to...
error code 6001
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: yes Canon MG7700
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just since last night I'm not sure what happened right before that since my son was doing his homework on the computer
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Since my son was on it, probably lots of youtube
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Printers
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
just to clarify, am i getting advice or tech support here? if I need an exe file to fix the problem, will you supply that or will you send me to another site that will require me to purchase another service?
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 21 days ago
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Karthik, Engineer replied 20 days ago

This is a company were you will be getting Technical support and Technical advice. Today you are having an issue with the canon printer and getting an error message stating error code 6001. The root cause of the issue is internal Printer error has occurred. In order to clear this error me, you can follow the instruction below:

1. If the paper output tray is closed, open it.
  2. Turn off machine and unplug it.
  3. Plug in the machine again and turn it back on.
  4. If this does not solve the problem.

Note: Do not close the paper output tray while the machine is in operation; otherwise, an error will occur.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
This is not “expert” advice. That is what was on the screen of the printer. Of course I followed these directions and the error keeps occurring. What do I do now that I have tried that solution 5 times over the past 24 hours?

NoUnfortunately, it could mean one of many things. To resolve the 6001 error, please follow the following steps:

1. Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.

2. Remove paper from the automatic sheet feeder (in the back).

3. Gently pull jammed paper out, if any.

3-1. If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

3-2. If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

4. If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the printer cover and remove the paper from inside the printer.

5. Check ASF with a bright light to check for obstructions. Remove any if found.

6. Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.

7. Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.

8. Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.

9. Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off. (If there was any jammed paper remaining in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)

If you continue to experience the 6001 error, please let me know.

Karthik
Karthik
Karthik, Engineer