Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

My Epson Artisan 835 (have not used for several months)

Customer Question
starts up with a printing...
My Epson Artisan 835 (have not used for several months) starts up with a printing error. Would replacing the ink help.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Artisan 835. I would guess over three years.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am using a PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just powered it up to print DVD. I am using a PC with Windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I believe thats everything
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Printers
11/21/2017
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 25 days ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 25 days ago

May i know if you are getting any error message or error code on your printer screen or computer screen?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
It just says "printer error, shut off and restart"
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 25 days ago

Okay, I understand your concern Turn printer OFF. Unplug the power cable from wall outlet for 5 minutes. Power ON the printer again. and see if the error has gone let me know if it works if it does not we will try alternate steps.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No change, still shows blinking printer error
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 25 days ago

Okay,When a printer error occurs, this points to a mechanical error. Sometimes the printer MUST go to service to replace a part BUT also you can check for foreign objects and blow the printer out using compressed air which can be purchased by the can at Best Buy or equivalent store in your area. Also remove the inks and clean everything VERY well with cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol. The goal is to clean to make sure there is not anything stuck inside the machine. It could be a very small piece of paper or even a staple that has fallen inside.please let me know and try to follow this and if it does not work may be you need to take your printer out for service.

Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 24 days ago

If you need any other assistance please let me know try the above steps and see if it works.

Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh