Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just got my Epson Artisan 1430. When it prints I get

Customer Question
I just got my...

I just got my Epson Artisan 1430. When it prints I get horizontal lines. I'm still using the ink that came with it but the light that indicates low ink is not coming on. I've tried glossy photo paper for the photos that are downloaded on my Mac, I tried cardstock for a small watercolor but the quality was poor. I tried canton watercolor paper and it came out a little sharper but had lines running through it. (I'm poor with technology.)

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Brand new. Artisan 1430

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac OS 10.13.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The first test sheet I printed was bad. (cardstock and glossy photo paper.) I did get one good test print with the heading "Congratulations, you have successfully installed your ...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/21/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please