Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a code 6000. wont print. I did what i was suppose to…

Customer Question
I have a code...

I have a code 6000. wont print. I did what i was suppose to do..turn it off, the unplug, plug it in again and turn on. same code.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Yes canon mx920 series printer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc window 8

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was with the geek squad updating my pc today, there were 96 updates in it. the printer did print one paper after i completed the update, but this code 6000 popped up. a while ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

What other info do you need, im not computer savvy

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

How old is the printer?

a couple of years old

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

i just gave you $23. the lady said it was $5.

Unfortunately, you misread how the payment works. You can contact customer service and they can explain it to you at 1-***-***-****

then can i get my $23 back

You can contact customer service.