Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Error message about the fuser pannel being open. Brother…

Customer Question
Error message about the...

Error message about the fuser pannel being open

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Brother MFC9340CDW

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC but the error message is on the printer LCD

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just replaced the fuser

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I believe that is it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I just installed the new fuser an hour ago. The message has been up ever since.
I dont have the printer connected to the computer at the moment so a remote connect wont work

I see you have requested remote assistance but this failed to go through.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team or renter the details or contact the CC/Bank to remove the block
Regards
Kris

I don't have the computer connected to the printer so a remote connect would do no good.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

ok. I unplugged then held power button for 30 sec. do i plug the machine back in?

Yes please.

ok. plugged back in

Has this helped?

no. error message still says cover is open

How old is this unit?

1 year

More or less than 12 months?

14 months

Okay. Really need to conectt to it if at all possible..

I can not. due to space limitations at the moment things are where they are.
Is there a hard reset i can do for the printer? And even if I do, since this is a physical issue, will that even work?

That's the next step

ok how do we do that?

Unplug the interface cable if selecting Network or All Settings.

2. Press Menu.

3. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to choose Initial Setup. Press OK.

4. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to choose Reset. Press OK.

5. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to choose the reset function you want to use. Press OK.

6. Do one of the following:

- To reset the settings, press 1 and go to Step 7.

- To exit without making changes, press 2.

7. You will be asked to reset the machine. Do one of the following:

- To reset the machine, press 1. The machine will begin the reset.

- To exit without resetting the machine, press 2.

before I do this, from what i have found online is that there is a rod that is not lining up on the fuser cover..."This "little thing" is not on the end of the horizontal rod -- it's indeed in the middle or 2/3 of the way down, starting from the left, traveling right along the rod. This tiny little perpendicular appendage (about 1 mm? 2mm?) points "down" and on my printer at least, was out of a rectangular trough hole that travels parallel to your line of sight as you're looking straight into the back. The appendage needs to be placed back into this rectangular trough."

Is this somthing you are going to try

trying. cant seem to find the hole they mention

Let me know

Not going to work. Im done here
thanks for trying

Can you try it now please?