Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

John My nave is Edward I purchased a Canon Printer

Customer Question
John...

John My nave is Edward I purchased a Canon Printer 12/30/2008 It has served me well. While I was printing a snapshot to be enlarged, I got one good copy. I needed an additional copy, but I got the error sign. It reads error Rear Tray There is no paper Load paper and press OK The paper tray had paper in it. Where is the "rear tray?" I placed a Canon Photo Paper in the photo slot, but that didn't make any difference.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of the printer?

Canon printer PIXMA MG5220

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC But the computer was not turned on. I was working with the COPY system.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

9 years. Never had this problem before.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Canon printer PIXMA MG5220

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/21/2017
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 9 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Does your computer have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

The printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable.
The computer has 10.1
I did a test print from the computer. That function works perfectly.

Does this issue occur when printing a document, a picture, an email message, a website, etc.?

- When printing something, at the print dialog window, can you select Properties (or preferences / settings, etc.), and check the Paper Source option there?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If needed, we may need to uninstall / reinstall the printer's driver program.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

I have discovered that the problem is mechanical, and I will have to take the printer to a repair shop. Please refund any payment that has been taken from my credit card. Edward XXXXX

Can you please put a document or photo faced down on the printer's glass, then select the Copy option / button on the printer, then if it is able to make a copy fine, then the printer is working fine; the issue is with the computer.

Please confirm the copying process; if it works, then it's not a mechanical problem, then I can fix the computer's printing issue for you. Only if the copying does not work, then it's a mechanical problem.

Please let me know; we guarantee our service. Thank you.