Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It has come up with a message: 'Type of print head is

Customer Question
It has come up...

It has come up with a message: 'Type of print head is incorrect. Install correct print head' I have a MP560 Canon and it has been working well till it showed this

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Canon MP560

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Sorry - MAC OS Yosemite

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Happened 2 nights ago - switched printer off to see if it helped but something did pop up but then this message popped up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager replied 10 months ago
Tech Ben
Tech Ben, Information Systems Manager
Experience: 15+ years of experience as an Information Systems Manager; responsible for overseeing computer and network systems, installation and maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, etc.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

It does seem like you need to clean the Print Head. A print Head can go faulty due to a number of reasons.

1. Lots of printing over time.
2. Severe fluctuations in voltage ( power surges, electrical storms )
3. Printing pages when ink is very low.
4. Not printing for a long time ( causes ink to dry in the printhead )

Please let us know if we can start a print head cleaning procedure or if you need a replacement. Btw, how old is the printer?

Thanks,

Kumar

Probably 8 years old but it isn't used a huge amount as it is a home printer
actually maybe is is not that old
No thanks - do I get my deposit back??

Its quite OLD. You can either go for a replacement or try the below mentioned cleaning options.

Please ignore the remote requests, they come from the website and not from me.

No thanks - do I get my deposit back?

Okay. Please get in touch with the customer service for Pricing and all. We are the Tech Expert Team.