Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It's NOT WORKING because someone at HP set it up for Instant…

Customer Question
It's NOT WORKING because...

It's NOT WORKING because someone at HP set it up for Instant INK. I do not want Instant Ink but do not know how to cancel the 'set up' on my machine. Can you help me, pls?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

HP Office Jet 8710. It was under warranty; I sent it back to HP because I was having problems and, I think, they must have set it to Instant Ink. IDO NOT WANT INSTANT INK. PLS HELP ME, IT'S ABOUT a year old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC. Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It started when I chANGED cartridges last week. Finally, after 3 trips to Staples (on the other side of the city) gave me a black replacement. Now the printer tells me the printer is set up for instant ink. I sell travel in my house, have used this printer for about a yr and had no problems. BUT I dont know what to do.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris