Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My son bought me this printer but never finished the install…

Customer Question
My son bought me...

My son bought me this printer but never finished the install a while back. I am trying to install it. but it is asking for the pin, where do I find it.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hp envy 4520

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Hp

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Several months but I never tried to finish the setup till now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 10 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you know your WiFi name and password ?

ATT249aGI2 pswd huerta68
Are you there

Yes, I'm here. Writing the instructions

Ok

We can connect the printer to your WiFi network in a different way and then your computer will recognize it.

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.
  2. On the printer control panel, select the Wireless icon .
    The Wireless Summary screen appears.
  3. Select Settings, and then select Wireless Setup Wizard. (Tap Wireless Settings if you see that)
  4. If asked to setup WPS, cancel it and choose Wireless Setup Wizard
  5. Follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Once you did that, run the disc came with the printer to install it. Or go to this website --> https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/5447920/model/5447921

Download the "HP ENVY 4520 series Full Feature Software and Drivers"

Open the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Direct-a5-hp envy 4530 series failed
It needs the wps pin, as I asked in the place

Make sure you don't enable WiFi Direct. It won't work. Did you follow the instructions exactly I sent you ?

You need to cancel WPS and select Wireless Setup Wizard. This will let you connect to your WiFi using your WIFI password

1. On the printer control panel, press the Wireless icon, and then press the button next to Settings.

2. Press the down arrow to scroll to Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press OK. If it brings WPS, cancel it. Only choose Wireless Setup Wizard

The wizard searches for and displays a list of available networks.

3. Press the down arrow to scroll to the name of your network, and then press OK.

4. Enter your WiFi password. Then connect

I am selecting the setup wizard again, it is now searching for the wireless router, it will take awhile

It usually less than 1 minute

Still searching

Turn off the printer. Unplug it. Wait 2 minutes. Then turn it back on

Lost WiFi on phone but it is back
Turned printer off and on reinstalled connected and then got an error when I tried to print and disconnected
I am tired of this cancel my service

Sorry for the delay. Do you have printer USB cable there ? It is easy to reconnect to WiFi using cable method. If you want, I can connect to your computer and try to fix it myself for you.

If you don't want to continue, please contact the customer support at***@******.*** for refund.

Please don't rate the answer anything to process refund. Close thing page without rating.

Best Regards,