Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer problem. There is a problem with the printer or ink…

Customer Question
Printer problem. There is...

Printer problem. There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Done all that it says do but still get this on screen. Says contact hp. This is an 8620 printer.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yes let me check. Not very. I cannot find my bill of sale very quickly but it is not over three to four years old. If you need serial numbers from back I can go list them.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Word 10.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Week maybe. It is in another room and I cannot tell you what the last item was that was printed. It is not used as a business. Sometimes very little during a particular week. .Was originally used wireless but now by direct line attachment.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not a novice with regard to various printers. Usually I might be able to tell myself but the same message keeps appearing. In fact I have an old Kodak that I also have problems from time to time. Yours is by far superior to it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

May I know if you are getting any error message or error code on your printer screen?

error message
No. Just an answer.
Just answer to the problem. Quit "running around the bush".
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

I understand your concern i will try me level best to help you Please check the cartridges for any leaks by following the below steps:

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Open the ink cartridge access door.

3. Press the front of the first cartridge to release it, and then pull it out of the carriage.

4. Check the cartridge for leaking ink. Be careful not to get ink on your skin or clothing.

• If the cartridge is leaking, replace the cartridge.

• If the cartridge is not leaking, continue to the next step.

NOTE:

If you see a small amount of ink on the ring where the ink exits the cartridge, the cartridge is not leaking.

5. Slide the cartridge back into its color-coded slot, and then gently push it forward until it clicks into place.

6. Repeat these steps to check the other cartridges for leaking ink.

7. Close the cartridge access door. let me know the status then we will try the next level of troubleshooting if it does not work.

I did all of that before I called you.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Okay, May I know if you have tried resetting your printer?

I
As i said I have unplugged it and started it several times before I called you.
You do have my latest credit card information. You just acknowledged it by e-mail.
P
Look. Just answer try and solve the problem. You have billed me with the $18?
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

I could see that you have requested for secure remote assistance but the payment got failed you can check this with justanswer customer support by going to this link http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

I did not intentionally ask for Secure Remote Assistance. I have very large hands and they sometimes hit places that I do not realize.Please answer my original request. I have answered all questions that you have asked me.
I am beginning to think that I am getting the runaround.
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

Please run this hp scan and doctor tool and it will automatically detects the problem click on this link http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe download it and then run it and let me know the status.

In what manner?
Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

It will detect the issue if it is a hardware problem or software issue please click on this link http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe and run the software on the computer to which your printer is connected.