Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a monitor connected to my hp envy laptop notebook by…

Customer Question
I have a monitor...

I have a monitor connected to my hp envy laptop notebook by HDMI. It has been working for a year or more and now it won't connect. How can I fix it

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a M7 notebook model # m1w11ua#aba - probably 2 years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC operating system - I think it is windows 10?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It quite working about 3 days ago. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. I turned off the computer and tried the next day. All kinds of things. Nothing happened. The HDMI connection was just lost.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this a printer expert? It is the monitor that won't duplicate the screen?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 9 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

The last 3 days. It just stopped working. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in - turned off the computer off and on in different sequences - nothing works

Does the in-built laptop screen work when the external one is connected?

OK good.

Is it ok If I connect?

No thanks. I'll pass. I have cancelled my membership

Okay, do you want to continue with the Q&A only?