Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a new iP4600 and just downloaded the print driver. I…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new iP4600 and just downloaded the print driver. I have fresh ink cart rages in the machine. I keep getting an error message that I need to close the top of the printer and it won't print. I have opened and closed the top a number of times and it doesn't help

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a iP4600 and it at least 4 to 5 years old - it is new - has never been used

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC 10.9.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It is the first time the printer has been loaded with ink and turned on

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

it is a new printer and this is the first time it has been set up

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is off and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

still won't print - there is 5 flashes on the indicator - I have rechecked the cartridges and they are all in correctly

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install remote access software. The software is below, use the "Family and Friends" version. It's free.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Once installed I need the ID and Password ***** displays, i do not need the one you created, I am looking for the one that TeamViewer gives you when you open the program.
Thanks
Kris

cancel everything - I want my $5 back - I'm third of all the adds trying to sell me something I don't want!!!

The service is not $5.00 and you have been charged more than that.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team and once you're happy, let me know and we can continue.
Regards
Kris