Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have bought two new black cartridges and can not get them…

Customer Question
I have bought two...

I have bought two new black cartridges and can not get them to work. I have tried to run them thru the clean out system but its like the ink must have dried in the printer as the ink does not go thru.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer?

HP3520

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I don't use the printer that much and the black ink had ran out for a couple months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how do I clean so I can use the printer

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Is the printer giving an error or it just does not print anything in black?

Please let me know

does not print in black

Thank you

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

still not working

But the last instructions take over 10 minutes to do, you replied back in 1 minute after I gave you them

this is because I had been told to do this before and it did not work

ok sorry that was not clear.

Can you tell me everything you have done already?

Thank you

I have ran the system clean up and all I get is some very faint lines that are not full its like it ran out of ink

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

should I use rubbing alcohol

yes this is ok

ran printer and it not print any thing completely blank when I used the alcohol I did get black ink on the Q tip

Did you get everything cleaned out? So no remaining ink?

I cleaned off the top screen should I do this until I know longer get any black ink on the q-tip

yes please, so there is no ink at all there.

same results page completely blank

Thanks

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you