Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Currently 'wired' into home network but how do I make it…

Customer Question
Currently 'wired' into home...

Currently 'wired' into home network but how do I make it also wireless at the same time ? It's an Epson Workforce WF-3620 color printer !

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is probably 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC with Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I had never tried to 'set up' the wirereless feature (apologies for the interruption - dog issue !)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No - just how to set it up to add wireless capability

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 10 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Do you know the current IP address of the printer?

no. nor do I know where to find it !

go to start menu > control panel > devices/printers > right click on printer and choose printer properties > ports tab

What's it say here, look for one that is checked.

USB003 Virtual Printer Port
doesn’t appear to be on the network just plugged in with a usb cable
Correct - Can I have both ?

yes, do you have a network cable to plug so we can get it on the network, then we can configure the wireless