Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a WF 7620 and I have replaced the black cartridge…

Customer Question
I have a WF...

I have a WF 7620 and I have replaced the black cartridge with a 254xl. the black is very dotty and pale. I have been through the clean head thing several times but it makes no differnce

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

WF 7620 and its less than 12 months old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MAC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Sorry I am printing from both my Acer PC and my Apple Mac. I original installed an unauthentic black cartridge and it wouldn't work, so I just spent $70 in an Epson 254XL

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can again try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 10 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, if needed

Best regards,