Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have updated my Mac computer operating system to High

Customer Question
I have updated my...

I have updated my Mac computer operating system to High Sierra. My MP990 printer will no longer scan documents. Can the software be updated on my printer?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

My printer is a Canon MP990 and it is 7 years old. Thank you. *****: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I contacted Apple Care and they determined that their new operating system, High Sierra, is no longer compatible with the software on my printer. Thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: tyroneboman, Technician replied 8 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Technician

Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
The best option will be to use a secure remote screen connection to troubleshoot the issue, this will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started. Will that be okay?
You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

Technician: valerie-cssm,
 replied 7 months ago
valerie-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.