Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It says printer failure Printer or ink system. Hp office jet…

Customer Question
It says printer failure...

It says printer failure Printer or ink system

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Hp office jet pro 8600 windows

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your hp? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Purchased 3 years ago. I unplugged it and then plugged it back in and started it again. Same message. It said to call you!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Still same thing appears on the printer. There is a problem with your printer!

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

I did what you directed me to do and it did not work.

Thanks

It is the internal ink delivery system that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you