Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a new TS8020 and the lights are not lighting up on…

Customer Question
Hi. I have...

Hi. I have a new TS8020 and the lights are not lighting up on the ink cartridges

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

TS8020. The setup cartridges that came with it. It's not setup yet,

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac. OS Sierra 10.12.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just took it out of the box. I won it at the Silhouette Conference in Georgia. They shipped it with the cartridges installed; they used it for demo purposes. Started following the setup instructions. The lights were lit. I pulled out the paper cassette, loaded it and put it back in. It told me to pull out the tray where the paper comes out after it printed. Then it got the error.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

When I open it top the print carriage does not move.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
11/20/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. Sorry for the delayed response. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once unplug your device from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in.
Let me know when this is done.